NH INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL TRIATHLON ZONE DAY
Date: Monday 5 March
Where: Long Bay Regional Park – Northern End (Site 5)
Time: Meet at 9am at Site 5 – Parents to pick up at 2pm
Transport: Private Cars – Students will need to organise their own transport to and from the venue.
Bring: Full P.E. uniform & shoes, swim cap, bike & helmet, sunscreen & hat, plenty of food & drink.
GENERAL RULES - Please Read Carefully!
The swim will be a beach start, buoyed course, fully patrolled and safe. The biking section will be an out and back mountain bike course on grass, similar to the run. Students may enter as individuals or as a team. All bikes and helmets must be safety certified.
● This is a fun event with safety and enjoyment as our goal.
● No drafting permitted during the cycle section.
● Properly secured ANSI, SNELL or NZS approved helmets must be worn whenever a competitor is on their bicycle throughout the day.
● Swim caps must be worn during the swim section.
● THE SWIM IS IN DEEP WATER AND PATROLLED BY LIFEGUARDS. SWIMMERS MUST BE COMPETENT OVER 200 METRES swimming in SEA water. Do not enter children who have not swum that distance at the beach. There is a vast difference between swimming in the pool and sea.
● Teams will comprise of 3 of the same gender. ATHLETES CANNOT COMPETE IN BOTH INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM EVENTS .
● Team changeovers will occur within the marked Transition area after each section of the race.
● COMPETITORS ONLY will be allowed in the Transition area. NO OUTSIDE assistance is permitted.
● All competitors will be numbered on their hand at registration for identification.
RACE DAY FORMAT:
9.00am Course open for inspection
9.00am Team preparation
9:30am Race Briefing for ALL competitors Marshall / Parent / Teacher briefing - ALL must be in attendance
10.00am Year 7 Boys Start
10:30am Year 7 Girls Start
11.00am Year 7 Teams Start
11.30am Year 8 Boys Start
12:00pm Year 8 Girls start
12:30pm Year 8 Teams Start
1:15pm Prize giving → there will be certificates for the top three in each event
2:00pm Gather gear, rubbish tidy up and get picked up
Year 7 Boys and Girls Swim 150m - Cycle 5km - Run 1.5 km
Year 8 Boys and Girls Swim 200m - Cycle 5km - Run 1.5km
ALL Teams Swim 200m - Cycle 5km - Run 1.5km
Swim Course Will be a buoyed course out from the beach and returning. Year 7- 150m, Year 8 and Teams – 200m.
Swim Caps must be worn. It is advisable that goggles are worn. The course will be patrolled by lifeguards.
Cycle Course will be an Out and Back Mountain Bike coned course.
Helmets must be worn and secure. Bikes must be checked and safe. All athletes complete 2 laps.
Run Course This will be an out and back return course on grass. Course Map will be on display at Registration.
There are no upcoming events.